ABOUT THE VISIT
Discover the secrets of the underground
Along the lighted path between the majestic dripstones, a guide will tell you about the history of the thousand-year-old formation of the cave, its geological structure and valuable archaeological findings. You will discover numerous stone monuments, the former habitat of a cave bear, the place where a bronze bracelet from the Middle Ages was found... And for a moment the tour will turn into absolute silence and darkness that you can take this unique underground experience with you forever
AT BARAĆ CAVES YOU WILL FIND
WORKING HOURS AND PRICE LIST
|TICKET TYPE||APRIL||MAY, JUNE, SEPTEMBER||JULY, AUGUST||OCTOBER|
|ADULTS||11,00 € (82,88 HRK)||13,50 € (101,72 HRK)||16,00 € (120,55 HRK)||11,00 € (82,88 HRK)|
|CHILDREN (7-18)||8,00 € (60,28 HRK)||8,00 € (60,28 HRK)||10,00 € (75,35 HRK)||8,00 € (60,28 HRK)|
|*STUDENTS, PENSIONER, HIKERS, SCOUTS, SPELEOLOGISTS, GEOLOGISTS||9,00 € (67,81 HRK)||9,00 € (67,81 HRK)||13,00 € (97,95 HRK)||9,00 € (67,81 HRK)|
|When purchasing an individual ticket for one location, you are entitled to a discount of 3.00€ (22.60kn) on the ticket price for another location. The discount is obtained by presenting the ticket and can be used on the same day or the following day.|
|Children up to the age of 7 (0-6 years) are entitled to a free tour|
|Payment options: pre-invoice, credit card, cash and bank transfer|
|Invalids of the Croatian War of Independence, members of the Association of Families of Fallen Veterans, persons with special needs and persons with disabilities over 50%, upon presentation of an ID card, are granted a free tour|
|*Students, hikers, scouts, speleologists and geologists have the right to purchase tickets for special groups of visitors upon presentation of the appropriate document (student, scout or hiking ID card)|
|*Pensioners have the right to purchase a ticket for special groups of visitors upon presentation of a pensioner's health card (purple card) or a certificate of pensioner status from the Croatian Health Insurance Fund - HZZO (excerpt of pension benefits)|
|The price includes VAT and professional guidance|
Groups of 15 or more people have the right to purchase group tickets.
The group consists of a pre-announced and organized group arranged by a travel agency, association, etc.
- Announcement at least two days in advance
- We grant travel agencies a 10 % discount on group tickets (group - at least 15 people)
- Children up to the age of 7 (0-6 years) are entitled to a free tour.
- Payment options: pre-invoice, credit card, cash, and bank transfer.
|GROUP (15+)||PRICE (VAT INCLUDED)|
|ADULTS||9,00 € (67,81 HRK)|
|CHILDREN (7-18)||6,50 € (48,97 HRK)|
|GUIDES, TEACHERS, DRIVERS||FREE OF CHARGE|
|EDUCATIONAL CHILDREN WORKSHOPS||7,00 € (52,71 HRK) per pupil|
SPECIAL RULES OF CONDUCT
Considering that the Upper Barać cave is a habitat of strictly protected and endemic species of insects, numerous measures are enforced to prevent any activity that could endanger or change the habitat conditions in the facility.
- Pets are banned from entering the cave, but if you have brought your pet to Barać's caves; we will take good care of him too. There is a place for pets at the excursion site where they can be left on a leash in the sight of our staff, during your visit to the cave.
- Visitors may visit the cave only when escorted by a guide.
- Individual visits to the cave are not permitted.
- Do not deviate from the marked trails.
- Small children, who cannot walk independently, may enter the cave only in carriers that allow the parent to use both hands and which are placed in front of the parent.
- Children of preschool age can visit the cave only when accompanied by their parents or their proxies, if it is an organized visit by preschool institutions or associations.
- All visitors must wear a safety helmet during the tour.
- It is forbidden to enter under the influence of alcohol or other illegal substances.
- Electronic recording is prohibited in the cave, except with the consent of the Public Institution.
- You may take photographs, but using your flash is strictly prohibited.
- It is forbidden to use additional lighting, except for the existing ones for the purpose of visiting the cave.
- It is forbidden to bring solid large objects that could damage the cave decorations or cave walls (e.g. camera stands, glass bottles, large luggage, etc.)
- It is forbidden to damage the components of the cave (cave decorations, walls, vaults and fauna) and built-in equipment.
- Eating and drinking is prohibited in the cave.
- It is forbidden to use audio devices and make noise in the cave.
- Smoking is prohibited in the cave.
- Disturbing bats is prohibited.
You are obliged to keep your ticket with you while visiting Upper Barać Cave and show it to the employees of the Public Institution at their request.