Applying for a permit for taking photos and videos on the territory of the Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values on the Territory of the Municipality of Rakovica.
- Application for a permit for taking photos and/or videos on the territory managed by the Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values on the Territory of the Municipality of Rakovica (area of the Significant Landscape of Barać Caves, the areas within the Natura 2000 network that are located within the Municipality of Rakovica and all cave structures located within the Municipality of Rakovica).
Applicants are obliged to submit their Application no later than 15 days prior to the planned beginning of photography/video recording activities. The Application must contain the following information:
Full name, address and contact information of the responsible natural or legal person that is planning to take photos and/or make video recordings
Purpose and objective of recording
List of team members (name and surname, Personal Identification Number /OIB/ or passport number)
Planned date of arrival and recording time
Date and signature of responsible person
Applications may be sent by post to the address ” Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values on the Territory of the Municipality of Rakovica” Nova Kršlja bb, 47245 Rakovica or by e-mail to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Permit – In accordance with the Environmental Protection Act, the permit for taking photographs and/or making video recordings is issued by the Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values on the Territory of the Municipality of Rakovica. The permit is issued and remains valid for the period for which it had been requested, in which this period may be limited or shortened if the Expert Team establishes that the time frame requested for the execution of the project is not realistic. The permit may also be cancelled, and photography/video recording activities may be terminated if the Applicant fails to adhere to the terms and conditions stipulated in the permit.
Permits are delivered by registered post or handed over to Applicants on the territory of the Public Institution, in case of which the Applicant must confirm the receipt of the Permit with their signature, by which they accept the stipulated terms and conditions.
- Terms and conditions – Pursuant to Article 113 of the Environmental Protection Act (official gazette of the Republic of Croatia “Narodne novine” number 80/13 i 15/18) taking photographs and/or video recordings on the territory of the Public Institution is permitted if such activities do not pose a threat to the environment and do not have any impact on natural processes. The terms and conditions stipulated by the Permit are the following:
- Movement on the territory of the Public Institution is permitted only in the escort of a park ranger
- Photographs and/or video recordings should be taken in a manner that does not alter the condition of the protected area, and movement outside the marked walking trails is prohibited
- Picking plants, disturbing the animals and disturbing the ecosystem of the cave structures is not permitted
- Touching or damaging the dripstones is not permitted
- The use of camera drones is not permitted
- The Permit is issued for a limited period of time
In addition to the stipulated terms and conditions, the Applicant is also obliged to adhere to the other rules prescribed by the Environmental Protection Act and the Ordinance on Internal Organisation of the Public Institution.
- Price list – commercial photography/video recording is charged according to the valid price list:
|Description of activity||Price, inclusive of VAT|
|Making video recordings of the Significant Landscape of Barać Caves for commercial purposes – per day||HRK 1,000.00|
|Taking photographs of the Significant Landscape of Barać Caves for commercial purposes – per day||HRK 500.00|
The stated prices do not include admission to Upper Barać Cave, which is charged according to the valid price list if the photography/video recording activities relate to this location.
The recording fee must be paid in advance pursuant to the issued offer (preliminary invoice) and the photography and/or recording plan specified in the Permit.
- Rejection of Applications – the Public Institution for the Management of Protected Natural Values on the Territory of the Municipality of Rakovica reserves the right to reject Applications. Applications are rejected in writing, together with an explanation. Some of the reasons due to which an Application may be rejected are:
- Such activities and photography and/or video recording activities may pose a threat to the natural environment or disturb natural processes (i.e. the use of drones, walking on dripstone formations, building structures that may damage certain parts of the environment, the use of strong lighting etc.).
- Recording promotional videos
- The objective of such work is inappropriate with regard to the work of the Public Institution as the manager of a protected natural area (e.g. recording films or short videos for the purpose of promoting SUVs or hunting tools, erotic content, action films, content related to adventure sports, recording soap operas or shows that are not of educational character), and as such could harm the reputation of the Public Institution or lead viewers to mistaken conclusions regarding the primary function and importance of the protected area).
- If, due to the needs of photography and/or video recording activities, the premises must be partially or in full closed to visitors during peak hours.
- The Application has not been submitted timely.